Oh What a Night! Another Successful Solopreneur Event
Guests arrived at the Margaret Whitlam Pavilion in the Arboretum at 6pm, greeted by delicious mango and strawberry daiquiris and a rustic cheese and nut platter station, topped with sensational compositions from award-winning musicians Guyy & The Fox.
After a short mingling and a welcome from End2End Events CEO Marwa Rida, everyone was invited for a short stroll through the Arboretum grounds to learn more about the hidden treasures the location has to offer.
In a beautiful setting with the Telstra Tower in prime background position, guests squeezed in for a group photo and played an entertaining collection of lawn games including Hoopla, Giant Jenga and Noughts and Crosses.
Back at the Pavilion, sufficiently fed with a scrumptious collection of canapés from Ginger Catering, guests listened as Louise Curtis (serial entrepreneur and owner of three highly successful Canberra businesses) shared her wisdom from her years in business.
Key takeaways included:
- To always be on the lookout for new opportunities;
- To have the courage to seize the right ones, and;
- To understand that regardless of whether you’re in your first year of business or your 10th, perseverance is the key to overcoming obstacles.
Motivational speakers Nathan Hawken and Vaughan Liddicoat from The Achievement Club Australia followed. Both provided fantastic and tangible advice to help current and hopeful entrepreneurs make resolutions in 2017 – and keep them!
After speeches, Sarah Berenson from Change Coaching Australia invited everyone to partake in her newly established Moss and Metal Floral workshop. Workshop attendees were encouraged to be inspired and come up with a creative floral creation of their choice.
The evening was topped off with some fantastic prize giveaways, such as:
- Two Lollypotz bouquets
- An End2End Events – Corporate Consult Package for use at an upcoming event in 2017
- A one-on-one, 1-hour executive coaching session with business coach Sally Dooley
- Two tickets to the Achievement Club’s 2016 Achievement Summit
- An exquisite cake from La Ombre Creations
- A Corporate Portrait Studio Session with Another Happy Customer – Corporate & Event Photographer
- An engraved motivational plaque from Naturally Ingrained Designs
- A Life coaching, boxing and floral workshop voucher from Change Coaching Australia.
- And more!
To those that helped us celebrate, including the amazing staff at the Arboretum, we are grateful for your hospitality.
Thank you to the speakers and Ginger Catering, and to Naturally Ingrained Designs for helping us truly appreciate the Arboretum setting with their recycled timber settings. To Guy and The Fox – you provided an amazing musical backdrop for the whole event!
We were so pleased to have been able to give back through this event, by selling a number of Daniel Flynn’s book Chapter One, of which proceeds go to Thankyou social enterprise (dedicated to ending global poverty).
It was so great to see people from many walks of life and industries attend Summerpreneur 2016. We hope that next year we will encourage everyone – from those in the public service dreaming of a freelance career to those embarking on big business ventures – to come along and meet like-minded creatives from in and around Canberra.
The next Solopreneur event will be an Autumn High Tea, held in March 2017. Join us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on all the latest news and upcoming events, or use the contact form below if you need help arranging your next special event.
We wish you a safe and Merry Christmas and a prosperous and successful New Year 2017!
- The team at End2End Events