On the last day in August, I held a special event experience in Melbourne to celebrate turning The Big Four-Oh!
It was a bit more than your average milestone get together, and turned into quite the fusion networking event, which is one of the signature events The End2End Team love to organise!
I loved having the opportunity to create a reason for people to come together and connect. We all had a wonderful time being part of an event that crossed cultures and cities (with guests from Canberra, Brisbane and Melbourne).
I’m a big believer in celebrating milestones in life and business. Reaching the big 4-0 is definitely no exception!
As many of our clients, friends and followers would know, End2End Events will be calling Melbourne home in a few months. So, my 40th celebration of life was a casual and personal way of getting to know many more people in Melbourne, while spending time with friends who have supported my journey in Canberra across the past few years.
Playing Barbie and Friends
I decided to theme my 40th milestone celebration ‘Barbie and Friends’. This was based on a few things:
- I loved playing Barbie as a child
- Playing Barbie helped me connect with other little girls including family and friends
- Barbie is a universal toy
- I love Barbie’s Fashionista – Diversity range which embraces all people and all cultures
- Playing Barbie is incredibly 80s!
So, I encouraged guests to dress in 80s outfits or just be themselves. The night was a celebration of Fashion and Diversity and a great way to encourage new Friendships through Play with some popular diverse tunes by Midnight DJ and Photobooth.
80s + Barbie Fashion and Diversity Theme allowed us to create some great activities, including a ‘Real- Barbie and Friends Fashion runway’ hosted by Nina Gbor where participants were encouraged to get up and walk the make-believe runway – no matter what their age, shape or style. Guests voted on their favourite runway contestant who won a 40th Anniversary Limited Edition – Collector Barbie.
We had our own team of 3 Real-life Barbies (and one Ken!), who looked stunning on the night thanks to our beautiful make-up artist Nadia, who helped set the scene.
And as a surprise, we had an Egyptian belly dancing performance by Yu Lei (Bella) of Rouge Oriental Dance Studio which definitely got attendees in party mode.
To highlight the ‘Let’s Play Barbie’ theme we had some fabulous free-flowing substantial American-Style Party food like Burgers, Cheese in Cones, Mini Hot-dogs and Mini Pizzas catered by The Casa Besta Team had everyone in party mode in no time!
The Event was held at Ellis Street Studio an intimate hidden event space in South Yarra, Melbourne. And of course there was a lot of cake and dessert by some fabulous Melbourne suppliers like Burnt Butter, Bistro Morgan and Bibelot and a ‘Barbie aka Marbie’ Themed Dessert Station designed and curated by Yours Truly!
Growing older means thinking of ways to make an impact. So, to celebrate turning 40 I asked everyone to bring an unwrapped gift that could be donated to the MacKillop Family Services Foundation. To be gifted to Foster children aged 13-18 for Christmas.
I am so are proud to have been able to donate these presents, and I am very grateful to all who helped give back to such a worthy cause.
One of the most touching moments of the night was when my young children shared a video they created of “The Making of a Special Event Planner”, I love watching videos that pull apart memorable moments of our lives and show it as a series of events. And as I always say ‘Moments make Events, and Events shape our lives’
To commemorate my 40-th and help younger generations on their journey of life, I posted some of my reflections as a 40-year-old mumpreneur. If you didn’t catch my article on Linked-in, here are my top 10 tips…
- When you love anything or anyone, love it whole-heartedly.
- Sprinkle your life with amazing experiences.
- Choose your tribe and choose them well.
- Good friends are like a good cup of tea or coffee – they need to be enjoyed often and frequently.
- When you allow yourself to believe in something or someone, ensure your heart and gut agree.
- Enjoy music every day. Music is food for the soul.
- Sing out loud in the car, in the shower, in public or on stage (and don’t worry about what others think!).
- Only have children if you are ready and committed to a lifetime of patience, perseverance, and having your heart walk outside of your body for the rest of your life.
- Family is everything. Find yours and spend quality time with them. If you don’t have a family, create your own.
- Learn to love yourself whole-heartedly so you can love others.
Lastly, I encourage everyone to see their next milestone as an exciting opportunity to celebrate in a unique and wonderful way. I certainly did, and I would be more than happy to help you celebrate your next Business or Personal Milestone in Style!
To chat about the curation of your next special event experience, simply call End2End Events on 0415 523 159 or use the contact form by clicking here.